Hello! I'm from Wellington, New Zealand

Moderator: Moderator

Hello! I'm from Wellington, New Zealand

Postby gpmacmillan » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:21 am

Hello everyone!

First off... Obviously I'm decended from the Macmillan Clan. My grandfrather was Murdo Macmillan ans his father Alexander Macmillan. I don't know much more other than I know I have relatives in Stornoway somewhere. I regret to never asking my grandfather about my heritage/ancestory as he passed away last year and lost my chance. He cared deeply about our ancestry and followed up all there was and is to do with it. Including having the certificate of being a Macmillan stamped with the family coat of arms and all. I don't remember what out tartan looks like but I will never forget the coat of arms.

I forgot to introduce myself! My name is Gemma Patricia Macmillan, born and raised in Wellington - New Zealand, currently aged 23 years old and I'm half New Zealander and half Thai. I'm not a blood descendant as my father, aunties and uncle are all adopted into the Macmillan family. I have no idea how that may or may not affect my position as a Macmillan and if I'm entitled to the coat of arms and tartan.... These are questions that I've held a long time but have had no way of finding the answers to them.

I am proud of my family. And hope to meet more in the near future.

.....sorry about my rant.
gpmacmillan

Return to New Zealand genealogy